Why Join YOUR Professional Community?
People join WEMTA for many reasons. Here are a few.
● Keep current and on the cutting edge, get ideas of best practice, and network with other professionals through:
o The Google Community (WEMTA PLC)
o Twitter (@WEMTAOnline)
o Facebook (WEMTA)
o The annual conference (March 25-27, 2018 at the Kalahari Resort in Wisconsin Dells)
o Other WEMTA-sponsored professional development activities
● Share one's own knowledge through WEMTA's conference and WEMTA PLCs
● Participate in programs for K-12 students like Battle of the Books and the Golden Archer Award
● Get resources like The Digital Dispatch
● Support advocacy and promote intellectual freedom
● Get discounts on fees for other organizations like the Wisconsin Library Association and ISTE.
● Apply for Scholarships & Grants: WEMTA's Permanent Endowment Trust (PET) funds scholarships & grants
The Lowell Wilson Scholarship ($1500) is available to students like you, who are:
● currently enrolled in a Wisconsin library media education program;
● working toward a 902 license;
● living in Wisconsin and planning to work in a Wisconsin school; and
● members of WEMTA.
Outreach Grants normally have a maximum funding limit from PET of $1,000-$1,200, but a few have been approved for larger amounts. Funding for successful grants is made available in early spring.
Applications and more information are available at http://www.wemta.org/awards/scholarships_grants.cfm and must be received by December 15.
WEMTA Student Membership:
If you are enrolled in an education program at least half time during an academic year, you can join WEMTA at the student membership rate of $25 per year.
If you are only taking one class at a time, you can enroll as a student member for one year. This doesn't apply if you are taking classes just for license renewal.
Regular Educational Members:
If you don't fit under the student membership category, you can become and Educational Member at $60 per year. Many people choose to do this at the same time they register for the annual conference to make it easier for their school districts to pay for it. Your membership year runs one year from the time you first become a member, so your membership may be from March to March if you register with the conference or from September to September if you do it at the beginning of the school year.
TO BECOME A MEMBER:
1. Go to http://www.wemta.org.
2. Click on Register in the upper right corner. (If you have previously been a member, click on Login in the upper right-hand corner and enter your email and password and skip step 3.)
3. Fill in the New User information. Click on Save Profile Information / Become a Registered User.
4. After you have registered, click on Login on the next screen. Enter your email and password.
5. Then click on Become a WEMTA Member.
6. Check the box to make a WEMTA Membership payment. Choose your membership type, indicate your payment method, and click submit.
If you prefer, you can download an application form and mail it to:
P.O., Box 44578
Madison, WI 53744-4578